If you use, like we advice, your linen tablecloths and linen napkins in your daily life and do not save them for special occasions, of course there is a need to wash them periodically. Although it is not a tough task, washing linen tablecloths and napkins properly requires being careful in order materials and methods used would not compromise the integrity of the fabric.
- Fill a sink or washtub with lukewarm water. Add gentle laundry soap to the water. Check the detergent’s label for the exact amount of soap to use. Add a dash of bleach to the water if your linen tablecloth or napkins are white. Agitate the water with your hands.
- Place your linen table linen into the washtub. Wash colored items together and white items separately. Do not wash lots of items at one time.
- Wash your linens with your hands by gently rubbing and squeezing. Do this until the fabric is thoroughly clean.
- Drain the water from the washtub or sink. Remove the table linen aside and rinse all of the soap residue from the washtub.
- Fill the washtub or sink with water again and place the linens in it.
- Agitate table linen items in the water to remove all of the soap. If the rinse water becomes soapy, drain the water and refill the sink with plain water, rinse items again. All the soap traces must be removed from the linen tablecloth and linen napkins.
- Hang carefully or lay the items flat to dry. They can also be dried in a dryer on low temperatures. Do not wring out the linens before drying.
Linen tablecloth and other linen table linen can be washed in the washing machine as well. Just be sure to use the gentle cycle and mild laundry soap. It is important to wash colored linen table linen and white linens separately.