Taking care of linen might seem like an easy task. Although, not taking care of your linen garments properly might result in the colours wearing off and the material getting ruined. There are some things you can do to make your linens last you as long as they should. Today we have prepared a list of tips that can help you make your linen products last a lifetime.
- No reason to skip washes – linen tends to get softer with multiple washings;
- Do not use detergents with bleaches often since they might damage the fabric;
- For coloured garments use only bleach-free detergent;
- If the water in your area is hard, use some water-softening agents;
- Check the temperatures – washing linen products in high temperatures may result in them shrinking;
- Rinse all of your linen products properly after washing them;
- Linens like to be dried out in direct sun;
- Linen fabric has a tendency to be a bit wrinkled – if you don’t mind the wrinkled look don’t overdo it with the iron since linen fabric will stay stronger and less damaged if don’t use the heat of an iron on it. Try using a clothes steamer instead.