As we begin to welcome in the warmer seasons, prepare outdoor spaces for al fresco entertaining with 100% linen textiles from LinenMe. The exclusive collection features a stylish and affordable selection of lightweight tablecloths, napkins and runners, as well as decorative cushion covers, perfect for dressing garden tables and seating.
Create a vintage-inspired table setting perfect for afternoon tea with beautiful natural linen textiles from beautiful LinenMe collections. Offering everything you need to create a truly inspiring spread, from tablecloths and napkins, to decorative runners and placemats, LinenMe is the place to go for superior quality fabrics at pleasantly affordable prices.
If you follow our advice and use linen tablecloths and linen napkins every day rather than saving them for special occasions, sure there is a need to wash them regulary. Although it is not a tough task, washing linen tablecloths and napkins properly requires using carefully selected detergents and following instructions that would not make any harm for the fabric.
Use following method to wash your linen tablecloths and linen napkins:
- Fill a sink or washtub with lukewarm water. Add gentle laundry soap to the water. Check the detergent’s label for the exact amount of soap to use. Add a dash of bleach to the water if your linen tablecloth or napkins are white. Agitate the water with your hands.
- Place your linen table linen into the washtub. Wash colored and white items separately. Do not try to wash wash too many items at onece.
- Wash your linens with your hands by gently rubbing and squeezing. Do this until the fabric is thoroughly clean.
- Drain the water from the washtub or sink. Remove the table linen aside and rinse all of the soap residue from the washtub.
- Fill the washtub or sink with water again and place the linens back.
- Agitate table linen items in the water to remove all of the soap. If the rinse water becomes soapy, drain the water and refill the sink with plain water, rinse items again. All the soap traces must be removed from the linen tablecloths and linen napkins.
- Hang carefully or lay the items flat to dry. They can also be dried in a dryer on low temperatures. Do not wring out the linens before drying.
Linen tablecloth and other table linen can be washed in the washing machine as well. Just be sure to use the gentle cycle and mild laundry soap. It is important to wash colored and white table linens separately.
Read also our article on how to iron table linen like a pro!
It seems everyone decorates their surroundings during Christmas. We all want our house or yard or windows are decorated with Christmas lights, we all decorate Christmas trees and mantles and place lots of candles everywhere. But what about the dining room? Are your best table linens ready? Would you like to purchase something new? Or will you match your old favorite linen tablecloth with new linen napkins?
It’s crystal clear – if you want your Christmas dinner guests feel the holiday season mood immediately upon entering the dining room, you have to prepare your dinner table thoughtfully. And your table linen are there to help you. Decorating beautifully the table for Christmas dinner is a perfect way to make the day even more festive and memorable.
Tables at our homes are the functional pieces of furniture that are used to eat meals, keep things etc. But apart from that they are elements of our interior design and bare tables not always look good. A beautiful good quality tablecloth is essential for a pretty looking table. And when we say “beautiful good quality tablecloth” we of course mean a linen tablecloth. Tablecloths are not only a piece of cloth to cover the top of the table but they also are an important detail of interior design. They create cozy and welcoming atmosphere in the room.