How often do you buy a brand new bed linen set? Are you the spontaneous type of a buyer (and have at least some bed sets that lie unopened?). Are you a careful planner and still have no time to buy a fresh set of bedding linen? Or maybe you only buy when the old bed set is completely torn?
No matter which type you belong to, you might want to know several things about how to buy bed linen in order to spend your money wise and save your time and effort.
- Know exact measure of your mattress, duvet and pillows. It seems every manufacturer follows their own rules when producing all these bed components. So check out and write down exact measures of your mattress and all your duvets and pillows before heading to bed linen store.
- Decide what store suits your tastes and budget. There are so many places to buy bedding linen one has to think well of his or her preferences. Is the price what matters most? The possibility to touch and feel the fabric? The trendiness of the designs? The time spent on purchase making? Or maybe the size of an assortment?
- Know what thread count is. Thread count is the measure that describes the quality of bed sheets. It refers to the number of threads per square inch in both directions in the weave. To put shortly – the higher the number, the better the fabric.
- Pick the type of fabric or maybe several of them. Know the difference among the fabrics: pure linen, satin, flannel, bamboo, cotton etc. Information is easily found online and it really helps when deciding which type of bed linen (or maybe several of them) to by.
- Flat or fitted bed sheets? Flat sheets can be ironed and folded easier but fitted ones fit your mattress better – the choice is yours!
- Add some additional plain bed sheets and pillow cases to your purchase. Two or three extra bed sheets and pillow cases in white or off-white is a wise decision – you can always change just one piece of bed linen instead of bothering with them all in case of an accident with drinks or snacks in bed 😉
- Check the laundering manual. Always follow the cleaning and maintenance recommendations of a manufacturer – the bed linen set will serve you longer and stay as nice to touch and feel as on the first day you bought it!
I hope this article will help you to choose your best bed linen!